2. Cooler weather.
3. Cute boots!
5. The leaves changing.
6. Soups and chili.
7. The holidays right around the corner.
8. More walks with the family outdoors!
9. Did I say football?
10. And oh yeah, Jesus.
For the record – I do not like football. I often say Pinterest was created simply for the women who don’t like football to have something to do while their husbands are engrossed with the television! I know, I know. How can I be from Alabama and not like football. The state HAS won the last 4 National Championships??? Yep, believe it or not, I could care less. BUT hey, I know the joy of fall in our area not only consists of football but of the other great things I listed above.
Fall is becoming one of my favorite seasons. Perfect weather, the beauty of nature and of course, a cute boot here and there. As I put some thought in what my world consisted of during these few months, it hit me that I/we put so much importance on the list above that #10 **last but not least** is Jesus. As we live in our “world”, we can become so consumed with the “things” of this world that we lose sight on Jesus, including myself. Why do we do that? Fall = football, Fall = school and back to school shopping, Fall = Thanksgiving with some yummy turkey and then Christmas which = presents, presents and more presents!
I invite you all to FALL in love with Jesus during this beautiful season! Let’s begin to focus on using the “things” of this season as a way to minister to others to tell them about the love of Jesus. Our pastor said last Sunday, “If you are going to go tailgating then why not use that opportunity to talk to others about Christ during that outing?” Why not?
Luke 10:27a says: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind”.
As our passion grows for the Lord and He begins to change our hearts, number 1-9 will just be gravy because of the joy, love and peace we have because of Him. The last part of that verse in Luke is “love your neighbor as yourself”. As we love Christ, our love for others will become apparent in our daily activities. How is that? Check out a few examples to help spur all of us this wonderful FALL season!
1. Fall in love with Jesus – read his word daily and try talking to him more. You WILL be blessed.
2. Football – invite someone over that you’ve been meaning to get to know either from church or your child’s team.
3. Cooler weather – Spend more time outside with your kiddos. Talk with them. Love on them.
4. Cute boots! – Think of others who may be in need of warmer clothes. Purchase and take to your local homeless shelter.
5. Tailgates – Just flat out witness to someone you do not know. As the ole Nike saying goes, “Just Do It”.
6. The leaves changing – Rake your neighbors yard or run over to grandparent’s house and rake their yard.
7. Soups and chili – Make a pot for your local fire station.
8. The holidays right around the corner – Pray for your heart and mind to be focused on the things above instead of the stress of the holidays.
9. More walks with the family outdoors – This might enable you to get to know your neighbors more.
10. Did I say football? – vomit…..